- We continued to develop our technology to improve the shopping experience for consumers. We introduced new ways to help them shop, such as our in-app "Meals and Lists" feature. This allows customers to group items together into a "meal" and add it to their basket with one click. We have also led the market in product innovation, for example, increasing our vegetarian and vegan ranges by over 15% and adding 600 new products to our organic ranges.
- Customer loyalty has remained strong, and we have had double-digit order growth, even in those postcodes where we were already popular. As we have grown, we continue to achieve consistently high levels of customer service. We remain a market leader in punctuality of deliveries and order accuracy. As a result, we have grown sales significantly ahead of the UK market and taken market share. Customer numbers have grown by 11% and we now average 296,000 orders a week.
- We have been able to welcome these new customers by adding capacity to our network, most notably by opening our fourth CFC, in Erith, South London. When complete, Erith will be the largest robotic picking facility for grocery anywhere in the world.
- We continued to enable the growth of our first commercial partner, Morrisons.com, by continuing our roll-out of store picking capabilities for them across the UK and by starting to ship orders from our new facility in Erith.
- We signed our third, fourth and fifth international partnerships to develop the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) – in Canada, Sweden and the United States respectively. Here we will use our proprietary software and algorithms, as well as our robotic infrastructure solutions. OSP will now power the online grocery business of seven of the world’s most innovative and forward-looking retailers: Ocado, Morrisons, Bon Preu, Groupe Casino, Sobeys, ICA, and Kroger.
- In addition to the new CFC in Erith, we more than doubled our capacity in non-food by opening our second General Merchandise Distribution Centre.
Revenue (Group) (£m)A
Revenue (Retail) (£m)A
Revenue (Solutions) (£m)A
EBITDA (Group) (£m)A
EBITDA (Retail) (£m)A
EBITDA (Solutions) (£m)A
All numbers on this page are reported on a 52 week basis
See Alternative Performance Measures